Metro: Last Light Forums

Go Back   Metro: Last Light Forums > Metro Forums > Metro: Last Light General Discussion
Featured Videos

Old 05-14-2013, 04:19 AM
Level 3 New Recruit

Bullets: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY4 View Post
I share in Mr. Aarons feelings, you should have read the other threads before creating a new one. May I suggest oh, idk, the one entitled Metro: Last Light Bugs, Problems, and Glitches? I have this aching feeling it would be helpful.
Well first of all I didn't see it and next time ill look around the forums before I post to make you happy hows that sound?
Old 05-14-2013, 04:25 AM
Level 6 New Recruit

Bullets: 17

Installed the game on my system running 680's - Game runs fine, with no frame lock. Running on titan system and I'm locked at 30 fps. Seems the game does not like that particular gpu? Anyone running on a titan getting normal frames per second?
Old 05-14-2013, 04:52 AM
Level 86 Overseer

Bullets: 2,169
Gamer IDs:
Gamertag: majnu 007 Steam ID: majnu 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicfailarrives View Post
Just installed.

Can't change resolution, no resolutions are listed, try to change resolution and get a game crash.

Never mind that you can't adjust FOV.

Console-port turd.

gg.
(I was going to create a thread on this but was hoping that we got a PC/Console dedicated technical first. But since people have taken the initiative and have started to report problems I thought we could work together to organize this better so that the developers… if they get sight of this can replicate and solve any problems and we can hopefully work together to find an answer to technical problems.

Calling the game "console port turd" will not help, as the game is far from a console port and the problems are just technical bugs, optimization issues, driver problems etc)

Game bugs and glitches Submission

-Unfortunately some Lurkers and Watchers enter the Metro and slip past our defenses. The same can be said for bugs and glitches which nobody likes. If you come across any related to Gameplay could you please provide:-

a) Platform
b) Description of the problem
c) Which Mission it is prevalent in
d) If you can a Screenshot or Video this will greatly help.

Technical problem Submission

- Firstly the Steam community is much larger and has greater knowledge of solving technical problems, so that should be your first port of call.

- When submitting a technical problem related to Metro Last Light, could you please provide:-

a) Platform (e.g. XBOX, PS3, PC)
b) Description of the problem
c) Operating System (e.g Windows 7 64 Bit)
d) System Specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, Single or Multi-Monitor; and whether you have any over-clocks)
e) Driver version
f) A Screenshot or Video of the problem will greatly help.

Whilst we may not have all the answers, we can at least start a process of elimination for common problems. If your problem still cannot be solved at least 4A have sufficient information to replicate and work on a fix asap.

If I have missed out any information please let me know and I will add it to the above. If a Mod can add this to the OP it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by majnu; 05-14-2013 at 05:00 AM.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:53 AM
Level 30 Ranger

Bullets: 281
Gamer IDs:
Gamertag: BLY4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticFarva View Post
Well first of all I didn't see it and next time ill look around the forums before I post to make you happy hows that sound?
My apologies if you took any offense to what I said, I did not mean any. Was just bustin your chops welcome to the forums
Old 05-14-2013, 04:58 AM
Level 3 New Recruit

Bullets: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY4 View Post
My apologies if you took any offense to what I said, I did not mean any. Was just bustin your chops welcome to the forums
Alright, apology accepted anyway what the guy linked to me didn't help I guess ill wait Intel a new patch for the game :/
Old 05-14-2013, 05:12 AM
Level 30 Ranger

Bullets: 188

Cheers for that Majnu!

Feel free to leave any issues in this thread. On Steam people will do it there but it's not a bad idea to have it here as well to keep it more organized.

I'm making dedicated issue reporting and troubleshooting threads to pin on Steam as well.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:15 AM
Level 30 Ranger

Bullets: 281
Gamer IDs:
Gamertag: BLY4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticFarva View Post
Alright, apology accepted anyway what the guy linked to me didn't help I guess ill wait Intel a new patch for the game :/
Yeah, unfortunately there's so many different things that could be messing it up and the games only been out for a few hours, it's pretty much gonna be a waiting game for PC players :/. If you havnt already though I'd post your problem in the bug-report post Manju started, in the thread I was referring to earlier, so it gets out there and 4A can get on it.

Last edited by BLY4; 05-14-2013 at 05:20 AM.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:41 AM
Level 5 New Recruit

Bullets: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbringer View Post
My AMD card has some really bad shutter problems, I can hardly believe Last Light is better optimized since I would run Metro 2033 on High 1920x1080 with 50 fps.
I'm not surprised that AMD cards having problems with MLL.Nvidia sure want to revenge after Tomb Raider 's launch
Old 05-14-2013, 06:51 AM
Level 86 Overseer

Bullets: 2,169
Gamer IDs:
Gamertag: majnu 007 Steam ID: majnu 1

right click on the game in your steam library and hit properties and go to launch options and add -norestrictions at the end of the filename. Or even try -nomemrestrict -norestrictions

GTA4 had similar problems with resolutions, so see if the above helps or if any tips to solve GTA44's problems are applicable.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:05 AM
Level 30 Ranger

Bullets: 188

There are two pinned threads on Steam now. Feel free to update the OP.

Troubleshooting thread for interim solutions: http://steamcommunity.com/app/43160/...4134069923794/

Issue reporting thread: http://steamcommunity.com/app/43160/...4134069896906/

The studio, our QA, and our support have access to both, so they can see what is going on and collect information.