Metro: Last Light Forums

Metro: Last Light Forums (http://www.lastlightforum.com/index.php)
-   Metro: Last Light General Discussion (http://www.lastlightforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Enable Ranger HC - File Tweak (http://www.lastlightforum.com/showthread.php?t=5120)

majnu 05-27-2013 04:11 AM

Enable Ranger HC - File Tweak

Quote:

This mode can be easily activated via a registry tweak. Yeap, you read that right. You won’t have to download anything additional in order to play with this ‘hardcore’ game mode. Only one registry value is needed in order to unlock this mode.

This guide was provided by Reddit’s user ‘InkBubble‘. Sadly, InkBubble used a pirated version of Metro: Last Light, something that is indicated by the FLT folder that is present in his guide. Therefore, we’re presenting you a guide for the legit version of Metro: Last Light

So, what do you have to do in order to activate the Ranger mode? Just follow this guide.

“1: open regedit
2: Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Valve/Steam/Apps/43160
3: Create a new String value called ListOfInstalledDLC with Value data 222801
4: Open game – New game – Select Hard Ranger Mode”

And there you have it everyone. Ranger Mode is fully functional with this tweak. We can confirm that this tweak works as we’ve been able to enable it and test it. In other words yes, this is the real deal. If you cannot find a folder named ’43160′ (as we didn’t have such a folder in our Steam registry), simply browse until you find the folder that contains Metro: Last Light, and do the aforementioned changes.

Enjoy and happy gaming!
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/embarr...egistry-tweak/

Skaara Dreadlocks 05-27-2013 12:43 PM

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...95/200/ba4.jpg

brynje 05-27-2013 03:08 PM

Isn't this the same as stealing 5$ ? ;D trololol

Skaara Dreadlocks 05-27-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brynje (Post 43557)
Isn't this the same as stealing 5$ ? ;D trololol

You could look at it that way. The people that hasn't gotten Ranger Hardcore yet will not be buying Ranger Hardcore at all. (Assuming Deep Silver is out of Limited Editions). They would just have to wait for the release of the Ranger Hardcore DLC, which will be free of charge (after what I've heard). So neither Deep Silver nor 4A Games will lose money on this in the same way they'd lose money if someone pirated the game itself instead of buying it. ;)

Also, I believe Deep Silver and 4A Games won't really care too much about this bypass that Majnu has posted, as the only reason they charged five extra dollars for RHC, is because that if they removed it from the Limited Edition, a lot of buyers would feel exploited and would have reason to directly blame Deep Silver.
The people that didn't buy the limited edition for 5 extra dollars will now get the RHC for free before it becomes free. This will probably anger some people, but at least they can't blame Deep Silver for it, and therefor I don't think Deep Silver cares too much about this.

Komodo Saurian 05-27-2013 03:19 PM

This has been around for a week. 4A Games isn't EA, however, so I've reported this exploit to the devs last friday.

Hazard 05-27-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skaara Dreadlocks (Post 43559)
You could look at it that way. The people that hasn't gotten Ranger Hardcore yet will not be buying Ranger Hardcore at all. (Assuming Deep Silver is out of Limited Editions). They would just have to wait for the release of the Ranger Hardcore DLC, which will be free of charge (after what I've heard). So neither Deep Silver nor 4A Games will lose money on this in the same way they'd lose money if someone pirated the game itself instead of buying it. ;)

Er, what? You can buy the Ranger pack from Steam.

And where have they said that the Ranger mode(s) would become free at some point?

Komodo Saurian 05-27-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazard (Post 43567)
Er, what? You can buy the Ranger pack from Steam.

And where have they said that the Ranger mode(s) would become free at some point?

Trust him, he's the Doctor.

He would know.

Baron01 05-28-2013 03:38 AM

Normally I would oppose this way of accessing content because it borders with piracy, however, in this case I dont mind. Ranger difficulty setting is rushed, half-assed mod, that is implemented in very illogical way in Metro Last Light. It also seems it will soon be made as free DLC since current publisher inherited it this way and could not change in in timee for the release.

brynje 05-28-2013 03:47 AM

it IS piracy basically... I agree the ranger mode was a bit half arsed. But that doesn't make it ok. Is it ok to steal someones rusty old car? ;D

Skaara Dreadlocks 05-28-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brynje (Post 43631)
it IS piracy basically... I agree the ranger mode was a bit half arsed. But that doesn't make it ok. Is it ok to steal someones rusty old car? ;D

We already have a thread for this, don't start this here :p

Alright, let's say that Deep Silver aren't out of LE copies and/or that the Ranger mode never will come as free DLC;
Deep Silver still didn't want the Ranger Hardcore gamemode to cost money in the first place. So all in all, I think they find this fair. But I can't say that for sure, so I'll have a look here and there for now.